We warmly welcome you to Skyland Community Church. Because of the changing nature of the Covid-19 Pandemic and subsequent guidelines, our policies are ever evolving. As of July 4, 2021 our Sunday worship service is a hybrid service both in-person and on zoom. If you wish to attend in-person there are new guidelines.
We will worship together this Sunday in the sanctuary and on Zoom. In order to provide the best chance that we all stay healthy because of the Delta variant:
- Full vaccination is now required to worship in the sanctuary. Please be prepared to show your vaccine card. If you would like to prepare ahead of time, you may email or text Rev. Melanie a picture of the front of your card. We will keep your name on a list, but we will not keep copies of your card.
- We will all wear masks covering nose and mouth and remain socially distant.
- To provide for social distancing, we will use every other pew. Please sit with your family at least six feet from any other family at the edges of the pews.
- Feel free to bring coffee and a snack to enjoy outside while talking after the service. Only bring enough for yourself as we will not be sharing food.
- We will return to asking for prayer concerns during the service. Please only name people who have asked to be named in our prayers and only use first names or even just their relationship to you.
Last year in the Spring of 2020 Patricia Wood did research on re-opening the buildings at Skyland Church. The Council made a unanimous decision to remain closed to public gatherings. Click here to read the research. However our policies are under review in the Summer of 2021, so please check back to see what we are doing.
Click here to see our calendar, which contains dial-in numbers for specific events as well as other ways to connect. Click on the underlined texts to participate at the appropriate times. If you haven’t used Zoom before, please click on this introductory link and read the instructions anytime between now and one of our gatherings. You will be glad you did. If you are connecting via a landline, follow the those instructions below. If you are using a smartphone, tablet, or computer, simply click on the links below.
- Sunday’s worship service is now a Hybrid in-person service at Skyland Church and on Zoom at 10:30 a.m. To connect by by phone: dial 1 669 900 6833 and enter the Meeting ID: 886 9632 3992, followed by the # sign. To connect via smartphone, tablet or computer: click https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88696323992?pwd=SkNQRTlJZThyOGIrNHdhRElsdmNaZz09
- Thursday Bible Studies are on Zoom or dial 1 669 900 6833. Then enter the meeting id 835 4455 3057 followed by the # sign at10 a.m. To connect via smartphone, tablet or computer: click here The 10 a.m. session focuses on Sunday’s scripture.